Promote humanity, peace, care, security and prosperity to work towards creating better place which provides basic health, education, awareness and sustainable livelihood.
Mani Trust is dedicated and committed for the all-round development of the Darjeeling hills, Tarai & Dooars in North Bengal in terms of health, environment, education, social and economic prospects through awareness, identifying and initiating the activities necessary to sensitise, motivate, assist, support, preserve, conserve and restore and to make aware about the simplicity of life, value of the surrounding environment, health, motivation, self-reliance and encouragement for the overall development and universal service to mankind. The trust act as a catalyst, so that it may bring change to the society. We have a mission to help the helpless and to serve them with the best as far as we can.
MANI TRUST was established on 29thMay, 2014 and subsequently registered on the 8th of January, 2015 vide Registration No.IV-2/2015 Dated.8/1/2015 as a General Trust at the office of the Additional District Sub-Registrar under the Sub-Division of Kalimpong, District of Darjeeling, (West Bengal), India with its Head Office in the newly formed District of Kalimpong. Considering the present scenario of the Socio – economic condition of the people of the hills in Darjeeling, Kalimpong, Jalpaiguri, Alipurduar and CoochbeharDistricts in North Bengalthat has affected and resulted in poor standards of living, thereby resulting in adverse conditions in health, environment, education, social and economic conditions. We would like to bring about an improvement in their lives by acting as a medium to create awareness among the unemployed, to take up alternatives for employment and self-sustained livelihood projects such as small-scale industries etc. So, our intense motive is to bring new and positive change in the socio – economic condition of the hills, we are working effectively on these overlooked issues of the society.
- To promote Kalimpong Hills as The Medical Tourism Destination of North Bengal by providing improved and modern medical facilities.
- To strive for the promotion of Higher Education Facilities along with Medical Facilities by establishing a Medical College & Charitable Hospital.
- To support with financial aid for major medical treatments by means of various campaigns, linkages with the medical assistance facilities of the government to the weaker and helpless sections of the society.
- To provide financial assistance to the helpless, needy and the underprivileged of the economically weaker section of the society.
- To create an awareness on nutrition, health and medical, to bring transformation for the wellbeing of the people resulting in a healthier society.
- To promote environment awareness and community based plantation programme to make the mass realise about the significance for future generations.
- To extend education support at all levels to the financially weak families and who are deserving.
- To create entrepreneurs from the weaker sections of the society by providing assistance in setting up businesses, creating jobs and empowering them by providing skill training and financial linkages to create employment opportunities for livelihood sustainability and for the change in the socio- economic condition of our areas.
- To provide permanent refuge for the helpless and homeless people who need shelter.